Getting around Lake Como – buses summarised the most relevant bus routes for visitors. Here we give information on the timetables and fares.
Typical journey times include:
- Como to Argegno – 40 minutes
- Como to Menaggio – 1 hour, 10 minutes
- Como to Colico – 2 hours, 10 minutes
- Como to Bellagio – 1 hour, 10 minutes
Single ticket prices are based on a system of ’tariffs’, effectively dividing routes into price stages. For return journeys, you just buy two single tickets. You have to buy your ticket in advance before boarding the bus. The procedure is explained in the bus ticket ceremony.
Typical fares include:
- Como to Argengo – tariff 5 – Euro 2.20 single fare
- Como to Menaggio – tariff 8 – Euro 3.05 single fare
- Como to Colico – tariff 12 – Euro 5.10 single fare
- Como to Bellagio – tariff 7 – Euro 2.75 single fare
We became aware on our last visit of a daily ticket called a Biglietto Giornaliero, priced at eight Euros. This is useful if you are going to be making a number of different bus journeys in one day, or if you’re going out of the immediate Lake Como area. Our day tickets, issued in Como, were valid for a trip as far as Bergamo and back.