Hire of mountain bikes is widespread around Lake Como. Some of most popular locations are:
- Tabo Surf Centres at Gera Laria and Sorico – new Scott Test Centre. Rates per day are: €15 (basic), €25 (front suspended Scale 50) and €27 (full suspended Aspect 15 and 25). Map of mountain routes available. The centres also teach, and hire equipment for, sailing, windsurfing and kitesurfing, and rent out canoes. Additional facilities include the beach, children’s playground and tennis court.
- The Windsurfer Centre in Domaso hires out Stevens mountain bikes, at €16 for half a day. It also rents out canoes and hires equipment for, and gives lessons on sailing, windsurfing and kitesurfing.
- Son of a Beach in Colico runs a guided bike trip to the first world war fort of Montecchi, another up Mount Legnoncino and a combined bike and canoe trip in the Piano Di Spagna nature reserve. Son of a Beach also provides windsurfing and kitesurfing lessons and sells and hires equipment.
- The Cavalcalario Club, near Bellagio, offers six, eight and twenty two kilometre daily rides from Guello, with hire of bikes and helmets. It also organises one day trips to Engadina and Colico, with fifty kilometres of riding on each, and a two day mountain bike excursion to Brunate. By a circular piece of logic, you have to be a club member to join in, but you become a member by taking one of the trips. An alternative way of enjoying mountain biking is downhill riding, on mountain paths.
- Bici Sport 2000 at Via Rima 4, Lenno, hires out mountain bikes as part of a larger set of activities.
- Como Bike at Via Grandi 15, in Como, is a shop for bikes and equipment, which sponsors the cycling team Lampre. It also hires out some bikes.
Bicycle touring trips: